This is actually what I made Josh last year for Valentines Day, personalized map art! It’s a picture of mountains, made out of maps. I originally got this idea from Pinterest, but modified it to fit him.
When I made it, I decided to split the maps 50/50; 2 of the maps were from places we had already been and two were of places we were planning to visit. What was great about this, was that it really solidified our commitment to travel to these locations (at the time, we were a little iffy about Alaska).
Josh really liked it because we decided in 2017 that we really wanted to make it a priority to travel. He keeps it at his desk, which I think is a good reminder that we love our jobs and are fortunate that it provides us with the ability to travel frequently.
Other Ideas for Maps:
- Places that have a special meaning for you (spot where you first met, got engaged, got married, where you had your honeymoon, etc.)
- Maps of all the places that you have lived
- Maps of where different family members live
- Maps from their favorite books (or maps from favorite shows, hello GOT fans!)
- Maps of where your children, neices/nephews, or siblings were born
Not only was this a nice, sentimental gift, but it also was easy and cheap! The maps I printed off at home and I bought the frame at a local craft store for about 8 bucks (similar).
Love it? Pin it!